Thursday, October 14, 2010
“Perriello came out a bit bruised by his own aggressive style — one that flew in the face of the calm, moderating independent he has so assiduously maintained over the last few months.” (WSLS, “Guest Blog: Perriello gets aggressive in debate,” 10/13/10)
“While doubling down on his support for Nancy Pelosi and her job-killing policies, Congressman Perriello once again demonstrated how he drastically and consistently fails to represent the values and interests of Central and Southside Virginians. Last night, he voiced his support for cutting defense spending, cutting entitlements such as Social Security and Medicare, and raising taxes as a way to make up for the trillion dollar reckless spending spree he has embarked on since in Washington. Robert Hurt has and always will put the people of the 5th District first and will go to our Nation’s Capitol to serve as a check and balance to the job killing, big spending, big government agenda that Congressman Perriello and Nancy Pelosi have imposed on Central and Southside Virginians.” – Amanda Henneberg, Hurt Campaign Spokesman
Congressman Perriello Calls For Across The Board Budget Cuts Including Defense Cuts, Entitlement Cuts, And Tax Hikes As A Way To Make Up For The Out Of Control Government Spending That He Has And Continues To Support: “Then, the conversation moved on to what, if anything, must be cut to help balance the budget and pay down the federal debt. Specifically, entitlement spending…Rep. Perriello said that ‘everything must be on the table,’ including entitlement spending.” (WSLS, “Hurt, Perriello face-off in WSLS candidate forum,” 10/13/10)
Congressman Perriello Calls For Cuts And Tax Hikes. “Perriello said he thinks ‘everything should be on the table’ to accomplish the goal of a balanced federal budget…After their joint appearance on WSLS-TV 10 in Roanoke, Perriello said a tax increase shouldn’t be automatically ruled out if the president’s budget-study commission were to recommend one.” (News and Advance, “Hurt, Perriello stake out positions in first joint appearance,” 10/13/10)
Congressman Perriello Reiterated His Opposition To A Balanced Budget Amendment, Instead Favoring The Typical Washington Solution Of Supporting An Unelected Commissions’ Recommendation Without Weighing The Impact On Virginians, Including Tax Hikes. “Perriello said a tax increase shouldn’t be automatically ruled out if the president’s budget-study commission were to recommend one…The presidential commission studying budget reform can propose solutions in the next few months, he said.” (News and Advance, “Hurt, Perriello stake out positions in first joint appearance,” 10/13/10)
Congressman Perriello Once Again Admits He Would Vote For Nancy Pelosi For Speaker. “Perriello said he would support Pelosi again for speaker,” (Richmond Times-Dispatch, “Perriello, Hurt trade barbs in televised forum,” 10/13/10)
Congressman Perriello Continued To Profess His Unwavering Support For The Government Takeover Of Health Care That Raises Rates, Raises Costs, Raises Taxes, And Cuts Medicare By $500 Billion On The Same Day That The White House Conceded That Rates Will Rise For Medicare Recipients. “A Medicare official concedes that seniors may have to dig deeper into their wallets next year thanks to the health care law,” (Politico, “W.H. admits health costs may rise,” 10/13/10)
Congressman Perriello Said This Campaign Is Going To Come Down To Actions Versus Words. We Couldn’t Agree More. Here Is A Breakdown Of Congressman Perriello’s Actions While In Congress.
• Congressman Perriello Has Represented The Values And Interest Of Nancy Pelosi While Imposing Their Job Killing, Big Spending, Big Government Spending On Central And Southside Virginians.
• Congressman Perriello Voted In Lock Step With Nancy Pelosi 90 Percent Of The Time, 100 Percent Of The Time On The Signature Issues That Kill Jobs, Increase Washington’s Reckless Spending Spree, And Vastly Expand The Size And Scope Of The Federal Government.
• Congressman Perriello Voted For The Failed Trillion Dollar Stimulus That Did Not Create The Jobs Promised While Employment Remains At Over 20 Percent In Some Areas Of The 5th District.
• Congressman Perriello Voted For The Government Takeover Of Health Care That Raises Rates, Raises Costs, Raises Taxes, And Cuts Medicare By $500 Billion.
• Congressman Perriello Voted For A Cap And Trade Bill That Would Kill Over 50,000 Virginia Jobs And Raise Electric Rates By Over $1,000.